The Master of Science in Drug Development & Product Management is intended for individuals from either scientific, medical, pharmaceutical, biotech, business management, or legal backgrounds who need specialized drug development and product management skills for career opportunities and advancement in the life science industry.
Program Admissions Requirements
Items considered during the admissions review:
- Possession of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education, or the equivalent, with training comparable in standard and content to that provided by the University of California
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 from undergraduate/post-baccalaureate studies
- Two to three years of professional work experience and/or other advanced degrees
- Completion of online application for graduate admission
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Statement of Purpose: Applicants are asked to submit a statement outlining why the DDPM program in particular interests you and how it will support your intended career goals. Please explain your plan for leveraging your degree to achieve your career pursuits.
- Three letters of recommendation including at least one from a relevant employer.
- TOEFL or IELTS scores (International Applicants). We require a minimum score of 85 on the TOEFL exam and a minimum score of 7.0 on the IELTS exam.
- You may be interviewed (either face-to-face or through Zoom) as part of the admissions process
- No GRE/GMAT required to apply
*Please Note: Our Admissions Committee requests that candidates who have been offered admission submit their formal decision (accept, defer, or decline) within 3 weeks of the offer date. This acceptance deadline may differ from what is posted on UCSD Graduate Division’s admissions page.